• The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19).
  • Saturday 9 March 2013

    THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES THE WORD OF KNOWLEDGE

    My Relationship With The Holy Spirit

     
     
     
     
     
    THE HOLY SPIRIT GIVES THE WORD OF KNOWLEDGE
    1 Corinthians 12:8 To another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit.
    Paul reminds us, the same Spirit who gives the word of wisdom to one, gives to another the word of knowledge. Paul is addressing the public gathering of believers and the need for godly order in the meeting. The Holy Spirit, who is charged with distributing the gifts, is also residing in each believer.
    He can release a gift through any believer at His will. The “word of knowledge”, is not the knowledge one receives by diligent study or from a teacher in the class room, but rather a supernatural word the Holy Spirit imparts. It is information only the Spirit is privy to know, and He chooses to share with a believer this information to accomplish His particular purpose. The word of knowledge can be very helpful in assisting one in helping minister to another. At times, He will give a personal word to an individual believer who needs it for them self.
    I have experienced this gift operating when I have come to the end of my natural reasoning in a matter. I will have exhausted my own resources of information, and needed a word which the Holy Spirit held. At times, while an individual is sharing with me their perspective, I will be praying, “Lord, give me your supernatural knowledge of what this one needs.” Shortly a word may come into my mind, or a picture that usually does not make sense to me, but it was exactly what the other person needed to hear. Our God is great! He is so close to us by His Holy Spirit and so willing to share His gifts with all His children. Develop a discipline of asking the Holy Spirit for a “word of knowledge”, and see if He begins to share with you what you need to know. On a personal note, when I have lost something, I have asked the Holy Spirit to give me a word of direction to find the lost item. Many times He has, it is not magic, but His word of knowledge freely given.
    Go ahead; begin to ask the Holy Spirit for the word of knowledge to operate in your life. Thank Him for the times this gift operated, and you did not recognize the knowledge you had received actually came from Him. He is closer than most of us realize. Nurture the relationship we have been so blessed to have with the Living God!

                                      JOYALMINISTRIES

    No comments:

    Post a Comment