• The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19).
  • Monday 25 March 2013

    Thank You God for Your Anointing, But I Want Your Glory!



    "And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory" (Exudos 33:18). Now this is a bold request Moses asked of God. The Word of God tells us, "But, He said, you cannot see My face, for no one may see Me and live" (Exudos 33:20). When you are asking for the glory of God, you better be ready to die to your flesh, because it can not live in the presence of God.

    I hear so many people misusing terminology to artificially raise the expectations of people. They want to entertain man, instead of pleasing God. I often hear so many people say, "The glory of God is here", but I must question the validity of that comment. We may promise God's glory, but often at best we give a limited measure of God's anointing. God's anointing was never meant to satisfy the hunger of our souls. The anointing and the gifts empowered by it are simply tools to assist, enable, encourage, and point us back to the Source. Only God can satisfy the hunger He placed within us. His hand supplies our needs, but it is His face that satisfy our deepest longing.

    As we look into His face, we are brought into union with our destiny, and we enjoy the favor of His loving gaze and the intimate kiss of His touch. There is a huge difference between encountering the anointing of God and encountering His glory. I thank God for His anointing, it gives me the power to move in the gifts of the Spirit to minister to others, but I want His manifested presence. The anointing of God in all its various forms has a valid purpose in His plans and and purposes. The problem is that we have become too addicited to the way the anointing makes us feel. Becaues it feels good when the anointing of God falls on us. We've turned our eyes and hearts away from the glory of God's face to get more of the anointing in His hands. Again, the anointing empowers our flesh, and it makes us feel good. Enough of feeling good, let's cry out for His glory!

    "More of You Lord! Thank You for Your gifts. Thank You for Your anointing. Come Holy Spirit! Lord, send Your glory now!" Yes this is a bold request, so get lined up. I'm crying out daily for His manifested glory. I'm repenting and choosing to forgive. I'm asking God to search me and remove whatever is not of Him. I don't want anything blocking me from receving the gift of God's manifested presence. Are you ready? Are you crying out for God's glory!

    Be blessed!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment