• The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19).
  • Thursday 28 March 2013

    THE LAST SEVEN WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST FROM THE CROSS

    THE LAST SEVEN WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST FROM THE CROSS


    1. “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

    Almighty God, to whom your crucified Son prayed for the forgiveness of those who did not know what they were doing, grant that we, too, may be included in that prayer. Whether we sin out of ignorance or intention, be merciful to us and grant us your acceptance and peace: in the name of Jesus Christ, our suffering Savior. Amen.


    2. “Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”

    O Lord Jesus Christ, who promised to the repentant the joy of paradise, enable us by the Holy Spirit to repent and to receive your grace in this world and in the world to come. Amen.

    3. “Woman, behold your son . . . Behold your mother.”

    O Blessed Savior, who in your hour of greatest suffering expressed compassion for your mother and made arrangements for her care, grant that we who seek to follow your example may show our concern for the needs of others, reaching out to provide for those who suffer in our human family. Hear this our prayer for your mercy’s sake. Amen.

    4. “My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?”

    O Lord, I call for help by day, and in the night I still must cry. Regard me, listen to my prayer.My soul is troubled, I am weak, cut off as one whom you forsake, forgotten near the pit of death.Your wrath weighs heavy on me here. Your angry waves upon me break. Friends watch in horror from afar.I am shut in without escape. My eyes are dim because I weep. My hands are lifted up to you.

    Do you work wonders for the dead? Can graves tell out your mighty deeds? There, who can know that you can save?Lord, do not hide your face from me. You have afflicted me from youth. Your anger is destroying me.Your flood of anger closes in. The darkness is my closest friend—shunned and forsaken, all alone. (PsH 88:1-7)

    5. “I thirst”

    O blessed Savior, whose lips were dry and whose throat was parched, grant us the water of life that we who thirst after righteousness may find it quenched by your love and mercy, leading us to bring this same relief to others. Amen.

    6. “It is finished”

    O Lord Jesus Christ, who finished the work that you were sent to do, enable us by your Holy Spirit to be faithful to our call. Grant us strength to bear our crosses and endure our sufferings, even unto death. Enable us to live and love so faithfully that we also become good news to the world, joining your witness, O Christ, in whose name we pray. Amen.

    7. “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.”

    Father, into whose hands your Son Jesus Christ commended his spirit, grant that we, too, following his example, may in all of life and at the moment of our death entrust our lives into your faithful hands of love. In the name of Jesus who gave his life for us all. Amen.

    These precious last seven words of Christ on the Cross must remain in our minds even after Good Friday. Amen.

    1 comment:

    1. THE WILL OF THE FATHER?

      It is the will of the Father that all men be saved. The question is can men reject what the words of Jesus and still be saved.

      John 6:40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

      The Father wants all men to be saved. Can men say God only wants a select few to be saved and claim to believe the words of Jesus?

      John 12:48-50 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day........

      Can men be a true believer in Jesus and at the same time reject His word?

      How many times can men say, "Jesus did not mean what He said." Can men proclaim their creed books and other denominational teaching takes precedent over the words of Jesus and still be saved?

      THE WORDS OF JESUS

      Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

      Can you reject the fact that Jesus said "Has been baptized shall be saved?" Are you receiving the sayings of Jesus when you proclaim that water baptism does not precede salvation?

      Matthew 24:10-13 At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.......13 But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

      Can men oppose what Jesus said and declare that men that are once saved are always saved? Will they still be saved?

      John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

      Can men proclaim that Jesus was saying, in order to enter the kingdom of God you have be born by natural child birth. Can you imagine Jesus saying that a requirement to enter the kingdom of God is being born of amniotic fluid?

      John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but through Me."

      Can believers in Christ say that Jesus is just one of many roads to salvation and remain saved?

      John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son , that whoever believes in Him shall not perish , but have eternal life.

      Some say, that John 3:16 actually means that whoever God has preselected, will believe and be saved and all others will burn in hell for all eternity.

      Can men give their private interpretation of Scripture and still be saved?


      CAN MEN REJECT THE WORDS OF JESUS AND STILL BE SAVED?

      (Scripture from: NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE)



      YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. Google search>>> steve finnell a christian view

      ReplyDelete