• The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (Luke 4:18-19).
  • Sunday 28 April 2013

    The Anointing Makes the Difference

    The Anointing Makes the Difference

    Monday:April.29.04.2013
    “And my message and my preaching were very plain. I did not use wise and persuasive speeches, but the Holy Spirit was powerful among you. I did this so that you might trust the power of God rather than human wisdom.”
    (1 Corinthians 2:4-5 )


    There is a song UMMODU ERUPATHUTHAN (JESUS YOU R IN ME, IM WITH U) that awakens something within me every time I listen to it. Yesterday, this song came to mind as I was reading a daily devotional that I receive every morning. As I read the devotion, I thought about how well written it was and admired the sentence composition, eloquent wording, and relevant examples used to emphasize the message. I compared my writing style to theirs which, in my mind, illuminated my flaws. Before I could get too far in my own self-critique, a still small voice spoke to me and said, “The anointing makes the difference”. The voice reminded me that the impact and power of a message is not because of the messenger, the words, or the medium used to deliver it, but it’s because of the anointing of God. He can turn what seems like the simplest words into the most profound message and make it relevant to what other people are going through. In that moment I thought about the words to John P. Kee’s song, “The anointing makes the difference in my life….”

    So what is the anointing? A definition that I found to be interesting says, “it is the presence of the Holy Spirit being smeared upon someone. It is the overflowing life of Jesus which imparts supernatural strength enabling an individual to perform a special task or function in an office he/she is called and appointed to.” If you’ve ever been in church and felt like every time the pastor preached a message, he spoke directly to your situation to the point where you thought God was telling him your business, then you’ve most likely experienced the anointing of God working in somebody’s life. There are several examples in the Bible of people operating under the anointing of God. In Luke 4:18, Jesus proclaims that the Spirit of the Lord anointed Him to preach the good news, proclaim freedom, and heal afflictions. In 1 Samuel 16, God told Samuel to anoint David as king of Israel. The scripture says, “Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the Lord came upon David in power” (NIV). The anointing is powerful in the life of an individual called by God to do works for His glory.

    Now that we know what the anointing is, how do we get it? According to 1 John 2:27, the anointing comes from God through Jesus Christ. However, we have to stay close to God by fellowshipping with Him and reading His Word so the Holy Spirit can teach us the ways and will of God. Therefore, if you’ve been questioning God’s call on your life, comparing yourself to others in ministry, or doubting your ability to impact the lives of others, understand that it is God who calls you and gives you the authority to do His works. John 4:27 says, “God in Heaven appoints each person’s work,” so He has given you the authority to walk in your call. And with the power of the Holy Spirit working in and through you, you can go on to do great and mighty things in His name.

    JOYALMINISTRIES ...Rev.JOYAL...India

    No comments:

    Post a Comment